Accidents or Illness Abroad
  • Nationwide Legal Assistance
  • Maximum No Win No Fee Payouts
  • Successfully Settled Over 25,000 claims*
No Obligation Chat – Find Out If You’re Owed Compensation!

Accidents or Illness Abroad
  • Specialist Nationwide Legal Assistance
  • Maximum No Win No Fee Payouts
  • Successfully Settled Over 25,000 claims*
Please fill in your Details if you’d like to Discuss a Claim.

Accidents and Illness Abroad Claim Compensation

If you or someone close to you has been involved in an accident while on holiday, then our team of lawyers are here to help with your compensation claim. We have a wide range of knowledge and years of experience in helping our clients recover money in compensation, for accidents or injuries they have experienced while travelling. Our team of lawyers have handled claims both within UK and outside the UK together with a network of skilled lawyers.

If you have experienced an accident while abroad and are thinking of making a claim, or would like to know more information on how a claim works, then feel free to contact us online or on 0808 164 9153 for a free initial consultation. You can additionally refer to some of the common questions we have received regarding overseas accidents and illness.

How do I Start a Claim for Compensation for an Overseas Accident?

Our team aims to ensure that the amount of compensation you are claiming for overseas, is as similar as possible to what you would have otherwise claimed for if the injury was in the UK.

If you would like to start a claim, the first thing to do is contact our team for an obligation free initial consultation. At the consultation, our team goes over the events that led to your accident or injury and determine whether we think you should submit a claim or not. If we have established that you should submit a claim, we then discuss whether the claim can be funded through a no win no fee agreement.

A compensation claim usually has four stages as below;


Our team goes over the events of your accident, contacts any witnesses that were present and arranges for a medical examination to be undertaken. This allows us to determine who is responsible for your injury.


If the injuries you have sustained require medical support and care, then our team will organise for your access to a provider close to your residence.


Based on the injuries you have sustained, your medical expenses, pain, suffering, together with your ability or inability to return to work, we calculate how much compensation you are entitled to. Once calculated, this amount is sent to the party’s responsible, and they can either chose to accept liability over your injury and pay your compensation, or they can choose to contest the claim.

If the party responsible for your injury accepts the blame, then they are obliged to pay the compensation. Our team as well works to ensure that you receive a full and fair compensation amount from the responsible party. Should the other party refuse to accept this liability, then the case might have to be resolved in court. If this happens, then our team ensures that we are with you through every step of the way.

If your claims payment arrangements is a no win no fee agreement, then you do not have to pay for our services until the claim is accepted from the other party and finalised.

If you would like to know more about the claims process, please feel free to contact us online or on 0808 164 9153 for a free consultation.

Do I have to go to Court Overseas?

If you have sustained an injury from an accident overseas, you can still make a compensation claim in the UK, especially if the tour company or party responsible has a branch in the UK or in the EU. If in the event you are required to submit a claim in another country, then our team together with a network of foreign lawyers, works together to ensure you receive the best possible outcome from the compensation claim.

Most claims tend to be finalised outside court. Some may request for formal legal proceedings which you may not be required to attend, instead, our legal team can act on your behalf and represent you during these proceedings.

You do not need to worry about any language barriers or travelling abroad for the case, as we work with our network of international lawyers to represent you and support your claim wherever it may be.

What is the Timeframe to submit a Claim?

Within the UK, a compensation claim has to be submitted within three years of the accident or injury. However, if your accident was sustained while on a cruise ship or a plane, then the claim has to be submitted within two years.

If the case is fatal, then the family of the deceased person has to submit the claim within three years from the date the person passed away, or from the date the family received official post mortem results.

These timeframes vary from country to country and may be even shorter compared to the timeframes offered in the UK. It is important to contact us as soon as the accident and injury have occurred, as we can then determine how, and by when you should take legal action.

How long does a Claim take?

The completion of a claim depends on the complexity, the compensation amount requested, and whether the responsible party has accepted to take responsibility over the accident. The claim can take a few months to several years to be finalise. Contact our team of lawyers as soon as possible, to start your claims process without delay.

Is it Possible to submit a Claim for Food Poisoning?

If you have suffered food poisoning as a result of something you ate while on holiday, you might be able to submit a claim. Tour operators, hotels, cruise ships and the likes have a responsibility to ensure that their customers are not at risk of food poisoning due to unsanitary conditions or poor hygiene practices. If they become negligent, and you become sick as a result, then you may be able to submit a claim against them.

Is it Possible to submit a Claim for a Snow Sports Injury?

Snow sports accidents are quite common; however, most of the time it isn’t clear who is responsible for the injury. It could be a fellow skier or snowboarder, the company managing the piste, or even the tour company that arranged the holiday. Please contact our legal team for advice, and we can determine whether it is possible to submit a claim.

How much Compensation am I likely to Expect?

There are a number of factors that come into play when determining the amount of compensation you might receive. Factors such as the severity of your injuries, your medical expenses, loss of earnings as well as the laws within the country. Our legal team however, works to ensure that you receive the best possible compensation.

What if I was on a Package Holiday?

If your holiday was planned as a package, then you might be able to submit a claim against your tour operator.

In England and Wales, there is the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour regulations 1992, that provides provisions that may help in submitting a claim against a tour operator. There are also quite a number of precedents that can be used to support the claim.

Can I still Submit a Claim if I did not Book through a Tour Operator?

Regardless of whether you used a tour operator or not, you can still submit a claim as an independent traveller. An independent traveller covers people such as backpackers, business travellers and tourists residing with friends. Pretty much anyone who is not part of a package holiday.

The claim depends on information such as how the accident occurred, when it happened, where it happened, and where you were at the time of the accident.

If you would like to know more about overseas travel claim, feel free to contact us online or on 0808 164 9153.

Can I make A No Win No Fee Claim?

A no win no fee agreement is a conditional arrangement that ensures that you do not pay any upfront fees to your solicitor when making your claim.

If your case is won, then an agreed upon amount goes to cover your legal costs, and the defendant of the claim is more likely to pay most of the fees. If your case isn’t successful, then the costs you have incurred are then covered by an insurance provider. Usually your lawyer takes out an insurance policy on your behalf for the case, and they ensure it covers any costs of the claim.

Before starting the claim, we first off determine your funding options and advise you which would be more suitable for your claim. We then go over your travel insurance policies to determine whether you have legal expenses insurance and whether or not a no win no fee agreement would better suit you.

If you have been involved in an accident, or were injured while overseas on holiday, then please contact us online or on 0808 164 9153 as you may be able to submit a claim for the injuries you have sustained.